We need two forms to get started, we mentioned the registration form but we also need the Waiver of Liability form completed online. These forms can also be found on our forms page. Once you complete these online forms, they are electronically transmitted to us and "the ball is in our court." We will contact you to set up everything. Another thing that we will need before you bring your dog in will be proof of vaccinations. We require: Rabies, Bordetella (Kennel Cough), and Parvo-Distemper vaccinations. Either bring them with you or have your veterinarian fax them to: (760) 888-8919 or email them to: [email protected]
The Temperament Evaluation Process:
- Fill out required forms,
- Provide us with proof of required vaccinations,
- We will call you to schedule a temperament evaluation in conjunction with an all-day daycare. You will be charged for the all-day daycare fee,
- In the temperament evaluation we...
- Take all dogs out of the daycare area,
- Let your dog check things out in the daycare area with only our attendant,
- Then we bring another dog in while your dog and the other dog is on leash. Assuming all goes well,
- We bring in a second and a third dog, all dogs on leash,
- Then we drop leashes while attendants are with the dogs,
- We add more dogs, one at a time,
- We use treats and toys to see how the dog acts and if there are signs of treat aggression,
- We monitor how things are going while other dogs sniff, play with, and have normal interaction,
- At the end of the process, we give you a written report.
If things don't go well we will notify the owner early on and give option to pick up your dog.
Our process uses Green, Yellow, and Red colors to define dog interaction. This will be explained to you and you will receive a written report at the end of the evaluation.